So, it has officially been 4 days since I got back to Chicago and I still find myself questioning my permanent move back. In a little under 7 months, I’ll be moving back to Chicago, well the Chicago land area. In an effort to get away from the inner city violence and so that my love can adapt, I have been unsuccessfully looking into apartments in the Northern suburbs. I guess I underestimated how pricey a two bedroom apartment would be.
North Carolina A&T has definitely served me well, but it’s finally time to branch out. I think sometimes I am over ambitious with my life plan, in my head I have made a list of goas that I hope to accomplish within the next 1-2 years.
These goals are as follows:
1. Maintain and graduate with a 4.0 in December with my master’s degree in Computer Science: This should not be hard since I only have 2 classes left that are fairly easy.
2. Go against all of my internship experience: Find a satisfying and well paying job in Chicago before January.
3. Move back to Chicago: This is by far my most challenging feet since I have to move myself and my little family back with me. Although I am excited for the move, a December drive thru the snowy mountains with 2 cars packed with our possessions and a potentially harsh winter in the Midwest are certainly not ideal. Therfore, timing with be everything.
4. Maintaining My Accessorie Line: Although a new endeavor, Naturally Lavish Accessories is my baby and I hope to expand and make it a well known endeavor in the coming months.
5. Getting my Real Estate Licence: For the last 20 years my parents have been known as the “Dynamic Duo”, a team of Realtors and I have been there under paid secretary. Now, 20 years later, my parents are opening a real estate office of their own and aside from me performing the technical duties, what better way to honor the family business than by putting me on the payroll. This leads me to my next endeavor, Flipping Houses! !
6. Become an Investor: This is potentially the hardest and biggest long term goal I have. I have always wanted to flip houses and condos in budding areas of Chicago and with foreclosures being at an all time high, this is the perfect time. This can also help me find my more permanent home in the future.
7. Plan a wedding!!: This is not the last goal on my list for no reason, however, it is the most exciting. Marrying my best friend would be the most rewarding experience of my life and even though I take this goal out of my 2 year window, I know it will be pretty damn amazing!!
8. Meeting like minded individuals with ambition and who are goal oriented in the Midwest: How I am going to do this, I have no clue.
In no way am I compromising on this list. I sometimes feel that I am overly ambitious but that’s the perfect way to be. Any advice or suggestions please comment below.